We provided books, uniforms, bags, footwear, and other learning materials that enabled children orphaned during the war to start/continue schooling.
- Children who lost parents to Ebola may be cared for by relatives or neighbors but this community is already economically strained.
- These childrenl need all the education possible to help them survive and thrive in a tough economic situation.
- Extra costs for education costs are not often available.
- Sierra Leone Rising purchased and distributed books, backpacks, uniforms and other school supplies for orphan children.
- Education is the best ultimate solution to most cultural or economic issues everywhere; literacy will enable these children more opportunity to succeed than they would otherwise experience in their community