Eight deep, reliable wells provide clean water in the Bumpe Chiefdom.
- Clean water is rare anywhere in Bump Chiefdom or Sierra Leone for that matter.
- Women and children carry water daily from best sources long distances.
- Many/most water sources are contaminated, and this contaminated water contributes to several serious diseases.
- Foundation worked with two U.S., one Leonean (Bo) Rotary Clubs and Rotary International to fund eight drilled wells in a few communities.
- Bumpe Chiefdom supported professional well drillers from World Hope while they constructed modern hand-pump wells.
- According to drilling experts up to 12,000 people will benefit from these deep, clean wells for many years.