We mobilized and engaged over 600 people in Bumpe Town on a massive general environmental cleanup project.
- Bumpe Town has substantial public spaces for which no one has specific maintenance responsibility.
- These shared community areas are often cluttered with all manner of refuse leading to unsightly piles and unsanitary accumulation of water and organic waste.
- Conditions just described, in a tropical country can lead to breeding and spread of germs of many sorts leading to malaria, typhoid, cholera and other diseases.
- A city-wide appeal for help resulted in about 600 volunteers; men, women and children gathered to clean up all of the public land in the town.
- Cleaner, safer environment for all citizens.
- Impressive interaction and cooperation among the people who live and work in the Bumpe Town area.