- There is still ample need for effective home economics education at Bumpe (and any Leonean) High school.
- No facilities for this instructional activity survived the war and rebel occupation of the school.
- Foundation support and individual donors enabled construction and equipping of a new building to house home economics instruction.
- Dedicated modern space introduces students to effective home management.
- Essential skills instruction (cooking, sewing, etc) are available to all students.